Monday, November 28, 2011

'Tis the Season for Cheap Flashabou


I was looking through Walmart's Christmas selection the other day and came across 100 strands of tinsel for 60 cents.  Most flash I have seen is $3.50 to $4.50 so that's about three dollars saved.  I grabbed two packs figuring that would definitely last me until next year.  It looks like they take a big sheet of mylar and put it through a paper shredder which gives you a few different widths of the strands.  Most of the tinsel is about 20 microns wider than regular flashabou, but I don't think most fish will mind the difference.  Maybe some of you picky trout tiers will.  If you wanted you could probably wait until December 26th and save another 20 cents per pack.

I recently came across flashabou for your hair.  First they take saddle hackle, then flashabou... soon you will see teen girls dubbing their bangs.  Maybe we should start throwing the girls decked out hair in the stream and see what we catch.

1 comment:

  1. Hello very goog idea¡
    Greetings from Madrid (Spain)
    http://romanillosamosca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete